Friday, June 16, 2006

June 14,15, and 16 - A Journey Back in Time

The events of the last 3 days consist of a lot of the same mixed in with much diversity.
When I boarded the plane in Buffalo, I had no idea what would lie in front of me as I traveled to Moldova. Lots and lots of sitting. I boarded the plane in Buffalo and sat next to some vegetarian Jewish businessmen who were not impressed with the flight service. Since the TV in front of the one gentleman did not work... the steward gave the guy extra snacks...a pillow....and extra sodas. The man wasn't too appreciative...but oh well, I was glad for the window seat with an empty in between.
I got to JFK with a 4 hour layover in between flights....I got in line for British Airways and waited 2.5 hours to get a boarding pass. I was ever so glad to find a seat with 2 people willing to sleep during the entire flight. Our flight lifted off an hour and half behind schedule and I was a little weary about getting to London on time.
The flight landed at precisely 9am, 1 hour later than expected.
I boarded the air transit and headed to terminal 1 from terminal 4. The time said 9:20am and my flight was to leave at 9:45am, gate closing at 9:20am. When I got to terminal 1, I ran to gate 17 to catch my flight to Bucharest, Romania.
To be continued tomorrow...

2 comments:

rachel said...

Wow! That's crazy! I'm glad that you made it...

Anonymous said...

So thankful you arrived safely. I hope you are able now to be somewhat rested.