Friday, June 02, 2006

Flashback Friday...

The Secret Garden was my first of many adventures as a reader. I remember staying up late at night after my parents had gone to bed to read to the end of this book. It's theme and plot aroused my curiosity. Reading it, broadened my imagination and increased my desire to read many other "girl" books. My parents also made the agreement with me..."If you read a book, we will buy you another book." Since then, my book collection has increased from picture books to biographies from novels to classics. As a teacher, what are the gifts I give at holidays and birthdays...?...books, of course. And what am I reading at this present time? I just finished Jane Eyre and am now reading The Schoolroom.

What book in your memory made you a reader? OR
What was the book that made you fall in love with reading?

Also what book or books are you currently reading?

2 comments:

rachel said...

I love books...some of my faves from childhood were "Emily of New Moon" (two more in that series) and the "Mandie" mystery stories.

Since my journey with homeschooling back in 1999, I love reading anything history related. Currently, I am reading "The Letters and Lessons of Theodore Roosevelt for His Sons".

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I would have to say all of The Bobbsey Twins, the old Nancy Drew series, and Little Women, my all time favorite. I would use my allowance to buy books at the drug store. The library was my best friend!