Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Journey Continues...

Since my last post, I happy to announce the safe arrival of bag 2094832 from London to Romania. Fortunately yesterday, I was able to claim it from a newly met friend in Sibui.

But before I get ahead of myself...let's go back a few days.
Friday, June 16
The morning starts with a lovely breakfast. That having been done, we head into town on a mashutka - a taxi bus. It allows for people to get closer than they would actually like....but it is cheaper than a taxi. With 2 lei, we head into the city and start our walk to and from building, gathering what we need for the next week when we head to Sibui.
We have lunch at the patisserie. The building is very nice and has paper lanterns and a tree that is upstairs housing a carved elf and a dragon. We order lunch - a piece for salmon and broccoli quiche with a hot cappacino and a mousse tart to share) for dessert. We head back to the apartment and get some rest.
Saturday, June 17
I should be tired....but I am not, I am the only one up...up with the sun that peaks through the curtains of my room. I hear very little in the early outdoor moments. This time has been essential in preparing for my day. Going before the Lord, I pray that God will bless our day and that we will please Him in all that we do and say.
We spent the day resting at home. Lots of chtting and catching up on our schedule for the next two weeks....very long and probably in time...exhausting, but we know that God will give abundant strength.
Sunday, June 18
This morning we will be visiting a church that is full of young, excited believers. God's Design is the name of the church that meets in an old school building. Due to my lack of the Russian Language, Tatianna was able to interpret the message. Amazingly it fit into my devotions of that morning and from the last weeks of my pastor's sermons - the Book of James.
Since we had an afternoon meeting in a remote village of Moldova, we went to Jeff and Robyn's for lunch and then took off for the meeting. After picking up our Romanian interpeters for the teacher training, we made our way over the bumpy roads to a small church of fellow believers. They were excited to hear from Tanya and from the other teachers that came with us.
During our visit, I was able to meet a small boy. He was totally into the camera and seeing his picture on the back of the camera. He said...me, me in Romanian to his dad. Even though I do not speak his language...I was able to understand perfectly his excitement.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you are having such a good time. We are praying for you daily here and it's good to hear your 10 hour trip went well! Got your PC and E held onto it all the way home from the PO saying "Jaka, picture..." Keep the updates a-commin'!!

Anonymous said...

PB and I are, and will, continnue to pray for you. We've really enjoyed the updates.

Anonymous said...

Whoops! looks like I misspelled "continue" Must of hit the "n" key twice.

rachel said...

I'm glad to hear your stories...can't wait to hear the "other" ones...:o)

rachel said...

Just wondering how you are doing today...praying for you.