Saturday, October 28, 2006

B-B-B- Bats

So the last 2 days of this week, I was subbing in third grade. I found out on Thursday that every 3rd grade class is studying bats. OK...very cool. We did this unit in Kindergarten and had a great time. We read Stellaluna and did a Venn Diagram comparing bats to birds.

When I got to school on Thursday, I found out that we would be doing the same thing, so I was ready to go. I had no idea what an impression it would actually make until Friday and today. At the beginning of the lesson, we sing a song called B-B-B Bats. I think this a great ways for kids to remember the facts that they are learning, so of course we sang it twice through... Little did I know that I would be singing the chorus to the song for the last 3 days. The last time this happened (when I got a song stuck in my mind), it was with last year's kindergarten class...with the song, Dazzling Dancing D.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Hey there! I am making my rounds on the blogs tonight - I am enjoying them all so much! Did you design and decorate the CW cake? Amazing!

rachel said...

Shall I remind you of the D song again, "I'm Mr. D, I like to dance..." Heeheehee!